Christine, Wondering

Random Musings of a Human Becoming

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Spring! Again

Yesterday was my idea of a perfect day, weather-wise. I love storms, don't get me wrong, but yesterday . . . it was 25 C at the maximum, with a light breeze and clear blue skies. It was a public holiday so Little Country Town was still and peaceful all day. All you could hear, other than the occasional car or child's laugh, were crickets and birds and the breeze rustling the trees. It was glorious! And it was my first t-shirt day of the year, too (ie a day where one can wear a short-sleeved shirt from morning to bedtime without feeling too cold). Such a yummy day!

Today it's cooler with scattered showers lol. But we need the rain so I'm not complaining. The farmers will be glad.

I'm currently sitting around on Tuesday morning waiting for a call back from a dentist. I managed to chip a tooth on Sunday, and while it doesn't hurt, it definitely needs to be examined. The chip is on one of my front teeth and occurred where there was a slight discolouration, so I suspect that there was a small cavity and the front of it has just flaked off . I haven't been able to afford to get dental work done - despite having private health cover! - for a long time, but this made me realise that it's time. So I'm going to go get a scale and clean and get yelled at as per a normal dental visit (not that I don't take care of my teeth, but it's been way too long!). And I'm going to get them to tally up everything that needs to be done, find out what my health care will cover per year, and get the urgent stuff done this year then the less urgent next year and so on until my teeth are up to standard again. They're very nice teeth and I don't want to have any problems with them further down the line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment