Christine, Wondering

Random Musings of a Human Becoming

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Spider season?


It's been hot and stormy in Western Australia this week, and apparently that's brought out the spiders. Yesterday I killed an enormous red-back in my bathroom, and today I found a medium-sized huntsman or wolf spider in a box in my classroom (accompanied by a shriek on my behalf and an immediate demand to see the spider on the behalf of the kids!).

I've got a splitting headache from the heat and the humidity, but I'm enjoying the intermittent storms. I usually love this sort of weather, but the over-30 C days have been a real shock for October - this is January weather!

Seven weeks and four days of term left . . .

ADDING: It's the following day, and I just evicted another nearly identical wolf spider / huntsman, this time from my house - it was on the floor right in front of the couch I sit in to watch TV and go on the laptop. Eek!

2 comments:

Ick, Ick, Ick

I don't think I could handle living in Australia.
 
I was always somewhat nervous of Big Spiders while living in Australia; huntsman spiders are common there. Never did see one, happily, though I did find a big dead white spider in my little parsley patch.
Not anon., this is Tassie.
 

Post a Comment