Christine, Wondering

Random Musings of a Human Becoming

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Well THAT was fun


I spent most of the last 4 hours in the emergency department of my local hospital. I had been having long coughing fits (really long, like up to half an hour) that were leaving me dizzy and gasping, and I got scared and since I couldn't get a doctor's appointment at such short notice, off I went to hospital. My wonderful friend Beth came and picked me up so I didn't have to drive, and waited for me all that time. She is a champion!

Basically, I've got a chest infection that is clearing up, and the lingering post-nasal drip is inflaming my lungs and thus triggering my asthma. So they've given me a dose of
steroids at the hospital and a script for three more doses, told me to take the rest of the week off work, and keep taking antibiotics, asthma medication and cough suppressant. Oh joy. But at least it's neither swine flu nor pneumonia!

I feel shocking - burning and aching lungs, a headache from the coughing, and exhausted because I've been losing a lot of sleep to these coughing fits. I'm immensely relieved that I've got the rest of the week off. I've emailed my uni tutor asking for an extension on my assignment that is due Friday, and hopefully all will be well.

August is clearly cursed!!

1 comments:

well we all knew i was fabulous. this just reminded us all of how wonderful i am.

haha!

nah, it got me out of the house and gave me a chance to finish my novel (yep i finished it about 7pm so i sat there for an hour checking facebook every 2 minutes lol!).
 

Post a Comment