Christine, Wondering

Random Musings of a Human Becoming

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday


I'm heading off to the markets this morning to get bits and pieces for the renaissance dress I'm making for next weekend's SCA events. One of the markets has an absolutely awesome notions shop (ribbons and lace and so on) so I'm going to get all the trim. Then I have to come back and actually sew the thing o_O. I cut out all the pieces with Mum's help last night, after she measured me and did all sorts of arcane things to the pattern to make it fit. I swear I'm going to learn to do that myself some day!

I'm feeling a bit fragile this morning because I woke up at 4am coughing frantically and kept on coughing like that until my lungs felt completely raw. Eventually I seemed to get whatever it was out of my airways (though not without throwing up all the water I'd drunk!) and I was able to take some cough medicine and go back to sleep. But it was pretty scary, and I even toyed with the thought of calling an ambulance for a while. This morning I think I should have taken some asthma medication, but I didn't think of that last night. My chest is still a bit achy from having coughed it raw, and I'm going to have to be careful not to aggravate it, so I'll have to take it easy today. The markets are mostly indoors and my car has good heating, and then I can come and sit in my warm study and sew all afternoon, so I should be right.


0 comments:

Post a Comment