Christine, Wondering

Random Musings of a Human Becoming

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Feeling Ghastly (again)


Yesterday's headache petered out after a good dose of ibuprofen and a relaxed evening, but this morning I woke up with a bad taste in the back of my throat, and I'm once again coughing up thick disgusting-looking yellow-green gunk. I can't get a doctor's appointment until tomorrow afternoon and even then it's not with a doctor I've seen before. So much for continuity of care! The coughing is starting to bring back my headache, and my throat hurts and I just feel cranky and awful. Plus I'm cold, even when all rugged up. Blech.

When I feel so cold and sick and miserable all I want is a hug, and it's hard not to remember that three weeks ago I had someone who would have come running to hug me, and I feel lost and lonely and abandoned. And I keep remembering that night and feeling angry and sad and all the more abandoned.

I just want to feel better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment