Christine, Wondering

Random Musings of a Human Becoming

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Well, great.

I've lost my voice. 

It's not completely gone, I can still communicate in this sort of strangled-sounding half whisper, but it's certainly not a normal voice.

All I can say is, thank God it went today (Saturday) and not during the week. I've called in sick to work – I could hardly go around selling spectacles when I sound like a crone from a fairy tale – and I’ll try to stay in bed (or rugged up in front of the computer, heh) and hopefully it’ll be alright by Monday. Not that I don’t have a lot of work to do tomorrow, but I can do that while all rugged up too.

Not that I can really afford not to go to work, but I don't have a choice. No voice = no sale!

“Blech” doesn’t even begin to cover it.

1 comments:

Good luck in getting your voice back - I can't imagine that. Just stay home and drink lots of tea.

Btw: I really wanted to thank you. Your suggestion of staying cool at night so I didn't have nightmares worked perfectly. It was the first non-nightmare night I've had.
 

Post a Comment